PhD thesis defense of Alain KACOU
Alain KACOU, PhD student at MAPIEM lab, under the supervision of:
- BLACHE Yves
- YAPI Ange Désiré (Professor, University Félix Houphouet Boigny, Ivory Coast)
will defend his PhD thesis in Therapeutic Chemistry, on the topic:
on December 12th, 2019, at 2:00PM, in the Amphitheater M-001, Building M, University of Toulon,
before a jury composed of :
- Mme Carine DELEUZE-MASQUEFA, Professeur, Université de Montpellier, Rapporteure
- M. Patrice VANELLE, Professeur, Aix-Marseille Université, Rapporteur
- Mme Dominique JAMET, Maître de conférences, Université de Toulon, Examinatrice
- M. Michel NARCE, Professeur, Université de Bourgogne, Examinateur
- M. Yves BLACHE, Professeur, Université de Toulon, Directeur de thèse
- M. Ange Désiré YAPI, Professeur agrégé, Université Félix Houphouet Boigny (Côte d’Ivoire), Codirecteur
Microbial biofilms can produce adverse consequences in various domains, for example : marine activities and biomedical. This work has been led to deepen results obtained with previous hemibastadins with 1,2,3-triazole moiety. it was led with new compounds of this family. Biological tests showed that these compounds were really able to inhibit bacterial biofilms, even with multispecies biofilm. But these compounds were toxic for phyto and zooplankton. Structure-activity relationships studies showed important elements to have anti-biofilm activity : minimum one hydroxyle phenolic on an aromatic ring, importance of bromine, activity loss with alkylamines. Biologic tests have been also led on a Candida albicans clinical strains. These tests showed that these compounds are also actives on biofilm of this fungi, without antifungal activity.
Biofilm, hemibastadin, 1,2,3-triazole.