Post-doc position in marine fouling management in the field of Marine Renewable Energie
Complete description in the PDF document.
The successful candidate will work within the “Environmental Integration of ORE” R&D program lead by France Energies Marines. One of the program objectives is to develop tools and methodologies allowing the marine fouling management of ORE structures from a technical / economical point of view.
The postdoctoral candidate will work at the Université de Toulon in the MAPIEM laboratory (EA 4323). He/She will identify suitable systems for effectively preventing fouling from ORE components, in different theatres of operation. To address this program, the candidate will work within a pluridisciplinary consortium with a complementary expertise in ORE systems, in the development and selection of environmentally friendly antifouling or fouling release strategies, in the understanding of (bio)deterioration and the biofouling management. The risks, benefits, barriers and opportunities associated with different types of biofouling management activities will be addressed.
Mission and activities
Under the supervision of Dr. Christine Bressy from the MAPIEM laboratory (Université de Toulon) and Dr. Nolwenn Quillien from the Environmental Integration research program at France Energies Marines, the successful candidate will address a complete literature review covering antifouling approaches, in-water grooming and/or cleaning processes to manage fouling and relevant microbial communities involved in (bio)deterioration of materials. Strong interactions with collaborating partners will be developed. Preliminary in-situ tests on selected antifouling strategies will be investigated.
- Starting date, location: April 2019 at the MAPIEM laboratory, Université de Toulon, France:
SeaTech, Bât. X,
Avenue de l’Université
83130 La Garde
- Travels are expected to Brittany at the France Energies Marines headquarters (Bâtiment Cap’Océan, 525 Avenue Alexis de Rochon, 29280 Plouzané) and at the LBCM laboratory, Université de Bretagne Sud (27 rue Armand Guillemot, 56100 Lorient)
- Final date for applications: February 28th, 2019
- Contract type: 12-month FEM temporary contract, French “CDD”.
- Application process: please send your CV and cover letter to the following electronic addresses: